Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gimme more utils

In economics, utility represents an individual's level of happiness.
Utils is the measurement of happiness.
Everyone seek to maximize their utility in their life, so am I.
However, human wants are unlimited.
When we get what we want, we seek more.
Therefore, we can NEVER maximize our utility.

I remember telling myself, just one cake from a random bakery will help me destress.
JUST ONE WILL DO.
Til this day, I am still telling myself that, and the stress keep piling up.
even though I am still getting my cakes from Starbucks, Secret Recipe etc.

Clockwise from left : Hot Chocolate, Starbucks Chocolate Cake, L' Opera, Ice Lemonade
even now, just one cake will give me NO utils.

I remember telling myself, just one cup will do.
One cup will keep me awake for the whole day.
Til this day, even a big one doesn't give me any satisfaction.
In other words, no utils.

It is a Regular Mocha Frappucino.

I give up drinking coffee.
This sickness of mine a.k.a flu plus headache plus sore throat affect my tastebud so much that..
NOW, coffee tastes like milk plus cocoa powder to me.


I remember telling myself, just let me stare into spaces and dream for a while.
Just a short while will be good enough.

Dreamer

Then the still unwell me, got so tired and fell asleep.
Ya asleep with a restless mind.
I can count the number of times I woke up sweating like nobody's business.

All that I am wishing for is to sleep soundly like it.
Too much to ask?

P.S I wonder if they will let me bring in a tissue box into the exam venue :(
P.P.S I really need to get well, this stupid flu of mine =.="
P.P.P.S Back to work, gonna cover the macro part for econs.

0 comment beans:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails